Friday 19 August 2011

Ahoy there Scousers!

When I went to Liverpool, I remember sitting on the coach looking forward to the next three days. It was for my sister's hen weekend.
During getting ready to go out for tea, my friend arrived at mine and my friend Miss Glam's hotel room. I hadn't seen Scouser for around a year or two so was mega excited to see her again!
Following instructions, the three of us met the rest of our crew; there was twenty of us altogether, I think. Everyone looked so glamourous especially my sister, who was wearing a gorgeous pink, WAG style dress. We were dining out at the Albert Dock. Very swanky! After sitting around and waiting, a waitress went to show us to our table only to realise that I couldn't get to it due to no wheelchair access so she arranged for us to go over to the sister restaurant instead. My sister was very annoyed as she told them beforehand when booking that there was a wheelchair user with us. For the next twenty minutes or more, we spent going round the outside of the docks trying to find an entrance that I could get into. I felt really bad and sorry that it was my fault that this was happening. Eventually we found a way in and went to the place where they let us have free bottles of wine compensating for what had happened. At least we got to see all around the area of the docks in a positive note! Where we were sitting was where Richard and Judy spent many years doing This Morning show on the telly. Also the meal was lovely but very filling which was worth the wait.
The next day, saturday both me and Miss Glam awoke early so we could have some dinner in town and a little wander in the shops. We decided to go to the Red Hot World Buffet restaurant in Liverpool One. I really enjoyed it in there, too much choice to choose from!! Scouser met us in there. After going in a few shops, the three of us left to go back to the hotel so we could get ready for the night out. Unfortunately, Scouser had to leave us. The theme for the night was sailor girls. Something fun and different.
We all had to meet in my sister's room, awesome how everyone looked fab in their outfits. I felt a bit insecure compared to everyone else as they all looked amazing in their little short dresses, wishing I did in something so short and revealing like them. Anyway, walking through Liverpool town centre as a group, that boosted my confidence a little, felt like a VIP with random strangers stopping to take pictures of us. That was strange but funny!
We all stayed around Concert Square which was really nice and people were so friendly. The bars were lovely too. I had a good dance with everyone of us til I worn myself out and had to sit down. We didn’t make it to any actual night clubs though unfortunately. Being on a night out in a city is completely different to when going out in a small town normally, you don’t know your way round and it is easy to get lost. Also being on a night out here in my home town, there’s always someone that you know and see so you feel kind of safe.
The next morning we had to be out of our hotel room by midday but me and Miss Glam had another priority to attend to first. Feeling tired and hungover (I don’t drink hardly so I was okay in that aspect), we were hungry so after having all our stuff to pack then get ready, went to find a local cafĂ©
Sitting on the coach, I felt sad that we were leaving but glad to be going home to my comfy bed. Couldn’t wait to see my little cat, Pixie as I missed her. We had to stop as I needed some air, really didn’t feel too well due to lack of sleep and being on-the-go all weekend.
What a great weekend had by both myself and the rest of the crew! Liverpool, you were a great host showing us how friendly and lively the Liverpudlians are.

No comments:

Post a Comment