Saturday 8 October 2011

Little Miss Dinky Kt's Video Diary & Cherylee Houston (Corrie's Izzy)

Hey up peeps!

I hope you are all keeping well and having fun in whatever it is you're doing.

After a moment of watching other people with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome on videos uploaded onto YouTube, a thought popped into my head... maybe I could upload some videos about how I live with the condition? I needed time to sleep on it and think it through before I do anything, so therefore I went to bed.

The next day, I was still thinking about it but I was suprised at myself by feeling like positive about making/uploading videos. I was anxious and worrying about what people thought of the idea: what if people didn't like it or feel comfortable in watching me talking about the condition so openly.

Anyway, later that day I found myself writing down notes with some of the things I wanted to say and filmed myself. Although I did do some research first just to make sure the facts were correct. When I watched the video back, I found out a few things about myself which I wasn't necessarily aware of beforehand but this is a good way to discover these things, don't you think?

I wanted to edit and make it as good as I could before uploading it online. As my friend said "You're going to be presenting yourself to the world and saying "Hi, I'm Katie and I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome." I didn't really think of this to be honest, it's kind of frightening but exciting that the world can see how I am and being strong at doing this project.

So on YouTube there are some video diaries that I've uploaded, I want to make awareness about Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and what it is like to live with. I never see any promotion in helping the EDS charity or just basically about the condition itself. Only recently, there is a character on the Coronation Street (Cherylee Houston who plays Izzy) who also suffers from the same condition but still they haven't gone into too much detail about it yet although I keep hoping that they will one day soon).
Cherylee Houston


http://youtu.be/fn-_cAQ4lGs << this is a link to my first diary entry. Have a look and see what you think. Let me know your thoughts and don't hestitate in asking questions etc.
Or go to: My video diary-EDS ( account username is: KatieMarieWe )

Anyhow, this is just what I wanted to share with you. I'll be with you soon, keep smiling! :-)

2 comments:

  1. You go girl. Just watched your you tube diary and I think you are amazing. You should feel so proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jayne, your support is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete