Tuesday 28 February 2012

A week in the life of Dinky Kt.

For the past week and more, I have laid low and sort of kept myself to myself. You might say a hermit, perhaps, although I have left the house on a few occasions. The reason why? I’ve been suffering from a bad chest and it has left me feeling lousy and drained. I just wanted to try and shift it somehow by not over-doing it and taking the right medicines. Anyhow, hopefully I am now on the mend.
I have spent the past week or more, going through a pile of C.V.s as I am going to employ another support worker who will be on cover when my current ones has to go on sick or take holidays so I don’t lose the hours that I’m allocated per week. I only get 7hours at the mo which I’m not too happy about really as my circumstances have changed over the past few years. Plus I don’t think it is fair for a 26/27 year old woman to rely on my parents to take me out etcetera when others my age doesn’t. Although I am very grateful to my parents because they help me out a lot. Getting extra hours depend on the social services so wish me luck in gaining even just one or two extra hours. I know funding is hard to get in the social services so I will be grateful for just a few extra.
It was really difficult deciding who to pick out of so many candidates as they all seemed lovely but unfortunately I can only pick one. I have picked one and will get the ball rolling to set up a meeting and greeting with her to see what she is like. I just hope she likes me and we have plenty to talk about. I am excited but extremely nervous. I will keep you up to date with how it goes.


One day last week, I woke up to a text of my sister telling me that we are going to see Steps. She’s taking me in April and we’re going to have a few girly days in Manchester, hopefully we’ll get to try out Nando’s (see what all the fuss is about!) and plenty of retail therapy! I can’t wait! Maybe I can find a pair of them heel-less shoes that I keep on seeing in the magazines?? That’s if I can get them in Dinky size and the toe section isn’t too heavy to lift ha ha!!


Oh another piece of my news for you - Adam Lambert is coming back to the UK for a one off show with Queen at this years Sonisphere!! Bless, my bestie had been counting down to when the tickets went on sale. The two of us are hoping to go. I have already enquired so need to send off some important documentation back to them. It will be something that the two of us will do together, something special.

You may have noticed that I like to do something special with all of my loved ones, like going to Manchester with my sister, hopefully going to Sonsiphere with my bestie, etcetera. It is my way of showing undivided attention to the person/people involved and to share something we both enjoy together.

Well, this blog post is proving to be a long one as now I have started to fill you in on what’s going on in my life, I cannot stop. Think I will stop right here and carry on recuperating now. Take care peeps and will chat to you soon. xx

2 comments:

  1. Hope your feeling better soon. XX And get the extra hours you need. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jayne, I think I'm getting there now. Just need to shake it off properly. Thanks again, I hope I do get them. xx

      Delete