Thursday 22 March 2012

Arthritis, family and friends and upcoming day trip away!!

Hey everyone. How are you all?

Yesterday I went to see the GP about my shoulder/blade. The doctor seemed nice enough and he seemed to understand about EDS which was helpful, I thought. After much prodding/poking and moving my arms around all over which caused further pain to my shoulder but knew he was only assessing it to see what was wrong. I described the kind of pain that I've been getting (which is mostly a burning sensation, a grating feeling when I just had my arm down by my side and it feeling slightly unstable when I went to do things). He said with my body being so "distorted" (his words) from the Scoliosis, Osteoporosis and EDS, it was common and expected for me to have Arthritis.

When he told me that I have Arthritis, I thought 'oh here we go, another thing to add to the list. When I next have to write down what's wrong with me on a form, there won't be any room left ha ha!! On the otherhand, it's made me feel slightly anxious about what the future holds for me but I have to try and focus on the now and deal with how I may be when it comes to it. Like I've always said, I take each day as it comes and just do what I can in my own time and way.'  

Whilst I feel relieved at knowing what the problem is now, he didn't really say much apart from keeping doing my breathing exercises in the Hydro pool and to carry on taking my pain relief. I don't know what type of Arthritis it is that I have as if I did, I want to try and ease the pain of it the best way I can.

Times of when I am in so much pain and discomfort reminds me of how supportive and understanding my dearest family and friends are to me. I feel so lucky to have them all in my life. If it was not for them, I probably wouldn't be as strong or cope as I do, so thank you to all of you who are either my friends or family.

On a slight lighter note, I am off to Hydro again tomorrow. It does me so much good and I enjoy it too. Plus I get to be a weirdo and be excited about having hospital food as I rarely have a bad meal from the FGH restaurant ha ha!! Then it is only one sleep 'til I go to Blackpool with my friend. I can't wait and it keeps me going forward when in pain knowing that I've got it to look forward to. :-) I will write about my adventures to Blackpool next week sometime when I have recovered from all the excitement and travelling.  

Don't forget you can follow me on Twitter as well - @DinkyKt

Keep smiling and be with you soon peeps! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment