Sunday 9 January 2011

Family matters to me

Last night was my cousin's leaving party. Wow I had a great time! Even managed to injure myself (my shoulder and the lower part of my spine where I sometimes feel sore) as determined as I am, kept on dancing and smiling not wanting to feel defeated. It was such a good night that I didn't get home until just before 4am! Dirty little stop-out that I am!
It's left me thinking about how as you get older, and with the state of the current financial crisis - you just have to do what's right for your family. Even if it means moving away hundreds of miles to the other end of the country almost to provide for yourself and the loved ones. I take my hat off to people like this. You can always go back if it doesn't work out but how do you know if you don't try?! I moved to a residential college and only being an hour's drive away was far enough for me. I had no family around me but I had people who cared and looked after me which is a lot different to my cousin's situation.
You've probably have gathered that today I've just been thinking about family and how much they mean to me.
Also after making a joke bet for 25p with another cousin, I suddenly feel like I can achieve whatever I put my hand to. Me and him betted to see who has a book out first. I'm competitive like that as he is! Like for example, working hard in my creative writing and I need to find my focus to complete more course assignments. I will tell you more about my creative writing and assignments at a later date.
Anyway enough from me today... keep smiling!

1 comment:

  1. im so glad im not the only person that despite whats wrong with me,still carrys on with the good times! i know whats wrong with you is different to me and yours is permanent but obviously we all know our limits and know not to go too far it and it takes courage to push past the pain barrier. and at times i find myself pushing past my barrier so i can do things with our group of friends or myself so i can have a good time and most the time,my mind is pre-occupied and still have a good time.

    ReplyDelete