Wednesday 12 January 2011

Murderous Bedtime Reading

For Christmas, one of my presents was a book about talking with serial killers. This is one of my favourite subjects of all time. This book is amazing and I've only read a small section of it!

Do I hear you asking why such a gruesome subject? Well I will tell you why I find it so fascinating.

The main reason is the psychological factor of the serial killer. By this I mean, looking at their upbringing, relationships with people eg, family or friends (if they have any) and circumstances of the crime of scene: familiar patterns between each victim(s).
To be honest with you, it just excites me reading/watching gruesome tales. It amazes me at vile people can be, it makes you think about how these actions affect so many people across the globe.

If we went through some of what these killers have been through, would we be similar do you think? I often wonder this. I know this leads onto many other topics but I don't want to diverse onto them right now. Maybe I'm being 'too soft' or 'understanding' but these monsters that we call these killers were once our sons or daughters. Many have had years of neglect, abuse and terrible upbringings and perhaps is it any wonder why they end up doing what they do? I understand it takes a lot to 'push' someone to the extreme and many serial killers are born psychopaths.

I can't wait to read some more of this book and then move onto my other books which are along similar lines.

1 comment:

  1. i think that a very high majority of criminals do the crimes they commit because of their up bringings. no one really knows whats happened to the criminals during their up bringing except themselves and a few other (neighbours perhaps?) but i think physcologically the impact of a disturbed childhood takes its toll on the criminal and thats why they end up doing what they do.i dont really want to go into talking about murders because theres alot to be said on the subject but if we take drugs as an example; a child could see someone taking drugs and havent had a good up bringing (no inspiration, guidance, friendships, relationships etc) then taking drugs could be the only ting they see as their way of living? the same could be for theft because either theft or drugs will end up, most of the time,with you being locked up.
    i also think that what people have seen on tv, read in books etc influences peoples actions. even if its nothing that will put you in jail, thers always something someone will see that theyll copy.
    katie,maybe you should try writing to people in prison? its quiet an outlandish thing to suggest but ive known people to do it alot (i dont know anyone in particular) but its done.and i did see once on tv that Katie Price did it/has done it.

    ReplyDelete