Sunday 16 January 2011

Play Hard Then Suffer Hard!

Wow what a weekend!

Last week it was one of my best friend's birthdays' (who I'll name as Gothygirl) so me and other friends have been celebrating it this weekend.
Friday night we went to the twins' house for a few drinks and a little gathering. It was a good night, lots of laughing and chatting. I felt giddy although I don't drink! My friend had a little 'Hello Kitty' cake and it was really cute, even had those sparklers which took a bit to light ha ha!!
Then yesterday (Saturday) I just relaxed around the house in my pyjamas watching the television. I wanted to saviour my energy for the night time plans.
Gothygirl came to my house to pick me up but unfortunately I ended up running late which I hate. She looked fab in her baby pink dress! We met some friends at the train station and headed for our destination which was just an hour away. Our other friends met us along the way whom one of them was another of my best friends' (Glamgirl). Well we had our game of superbowl and had a few drinkies there. I unfortunately came last on the bowling if I remember rightly (pulls a sad face) but at least I had fun!
After the game, we came back home. The four of us that were left went into town to the pubs and clubs. There's not that many here where I live as it's just a small town. We still had a great time though, ended up in town til just after 3am!
I love nothing than to spend quality time with my loved ones. They really look after me and show me how to have a good time. So with good company and feeling lovely in my new dress (it's black with little white flower lining around the neckline and at the front with some white buttons in the middle) reassures me to enjoy myself more!
Today though, I've really suffered. I just felt like all the energy had been drained from my body and I ached. Think I've overdone it a little but it's the price I have to pay if I want to enjoy myself. Living with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome has taught me to pace myself and to listen to my body. By listening to my body, I mean when it starts to have pain etc, to sit and rest.
Another day I will tell you more about E.D.S just so you can understand yourself and not think I'm just being weak or complaining for no reason.

1 comment:

  1. aww im glad you enjoyed yourself!
    your dress was very 1980's i think itd be. or it might br 50's.i cant remember which lol.

    ReplyDelete