Saturday 26 March 2011

The 'real wedding of 2011'

Forget the royal wedding this year... I’m talking about the real wedding of 2011; my sisters’!! The big day is 30th July and I simply can’t wait! It took twelve years for it to happen but that’s kind of romantic, don’t you think?

I see people rush into marriage and for it to end in tatters. I personally believe that marriage is for life, ok, sometimes you have to get out but when you make that vow to one another surely you should stay to that vow? Marriage takes a lot of compromise, loyalty, trust and effort. Can you tell that when I get married (hopefully) that I will take it seriously?
I can’t tell you what the dresses are like but my sister will be the prettiest bride I’ve ever seen. It is sure to be one of the biggest weddings I will ever have attended with all the best men and guests. There will be only two bridesmaids; myself and my sisters’ friend. I was really excited when I was asked to be a bridesmaid... I have always wanted to be one. It is such an honour to be closely part of someone’s special day. For my parents wedding, I was a flower girl but I was only three years old and do not really remember much of it apart from getting carried around as I couldn’t walk yet.

It isn’t just the wedding but the organising and the hen do that I’m also looking forward to. This wedding has given me some sort of self-importance as I am involved with getting things prepared for it all. For a while, I could feel myself starting to get obsessed with weddings by watching telly programmes, reading wedding stories and looking at websites and non stop talking about ‘the wedding’ to friends! Being the good girl that I am, I haven’t let slip of any intricate details of dresses or anything that will be a surprise and not planning on letting slip.
However... all this talk of weddings has certainly made me want to get married in the future when I meet the right person. Seeing how everything gets put together has started me to gather ideas and thoughts about how I’d like my dress to look, who I’d have as bridesmaids etc. The rest will have to wait til I actually get married to decide ha ha!!
Seeing my sister walk down the aisle behind me will certainly make me very proud and witness both her and her fiance begin their next journey in life will be a moment that I won't forget. I just hope that I don't trip over mid-air and go flying down the aisle or that I have problems with my feet on the day. Although I think I will be too busy watching my sister to think of my anxieties of walking down the aisle in front of everyone but must remember for those few minutes, I walk down that it'll be my moment to build up the suspence of my sister and her dress.
So roll on July and let the ‘real wedding of 2011’ commence!!

No comments:

Post a Comment