Tuesday 24 January 2012

Hey everyone!

I was thinking the other day about you lot and thought it would be a little treat from me to share a few of my poems with you. I haven't written any for a while so the ones I'm sharing are older.

The first one I'm sharing with you is called 'The Street of Your Life' . It is a personal observation of many a times sitting in outdoor cafes. It is generalised so you can picture it in any street. There is detail of the little things you may forget about or don't even realise what's going on around you. I personally love how it starts from '...swallowing in self misery' travelling through to '...dusk becomes dawn' like a little journey, it lifts my spirits up and makes me smile at the end of reading it all.


'The Street of Your Life

Why sit around in the smoke swallowing in self misery
Where the cold chill swiftly sweeps in the hugely animated ark
In what we call our planet the Earth wherever we are
The sound of the bass guitar strumming along to the beat
You hear as you walk past the music store on your right
Up above you in the cloudless blue sky are birds and bees
Flip flaps of the flying seagulls positioning for plopping
Crying children as their ice creams messily fall on the floor
Young star-crossed lovers embracing together in the park
Old age pensioners' wrinkles tell the signs of their stories
Maniac drivers jammed in between road rage and road works
Rays of the summer sun lightly beaming on the busy crowds
Ambling past the pub to see beer-fuelled football fans
On the left you see 'A list' celebrity cruising in their limo
Who's swarmed by malicious paparazzi flashing non-stop
Laughter echoes amongst the five-some in front of you
Signs of daytime madness all go to sleep before you
As the sun goes down you gaze up at the stars smiling
Can you hear that sound as you look on up there?
The silence of midnight sky drowning out the loud sounds
Now you can sit there watching as dusk becomes dawn'

I hope you all enjoy reading my poem. Let me know if you would like me to post any more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment