Tuesday 17 January 2012

It's all about the reader...

Hello there everyone!

After a few weeks of trying to get back into the swing of my assignment, my mind still remains blank so I started to think about what to do next. Should I keep going and just hope that I finally get through my chosen topic or start completely afresh? My heart was still keen on the topic of youth and gangs but knew I couldn't carry on with the way things were with it.

After a brief conversation talking about the assignment, I have decided to start something new and completely different. In the guidelines from the tutor, it says you can write fillers, readers letters and main articles so therefore made my mind up about writing a readers letter instead. Thought this would get me back on track with the course and would be a little more fun to do.

Referring back to the information and the notes I made for the original article topic, I will keep them for another assignment/piece of writing I may undertake in the future so none of it has gone to waste. I do feel slightly gutted and maybe a little defeated at this decision but think this is the best idea for both me and my course success.

Have you ever been in this situation and how have you handled it? Do you think I am right in doing this? I will let you know how I get on as soon as I'm half way through the piece of work.

Speak to you soon xx

2 comments:

  1. I think you have made the right choice Katie. I have often started something but found it just not working. When you leave it a few months you see things through different eyes and are able to come up with fresh angles and hey presto it's not such a waste because a year later you have something special. It's just taken a long while to get there. I started a peice for assignment 2 almost a year ago and it wasn't so great. I picked up the idea a weeks ago, totally re-wrote it but kept the same format, sent it to a magazine and they are going to publish it soon. so good luck with the new piece and file the other piece away, just for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the support. I completely agree, think it is always best to put it down and then go back to it later after a break, however long the break cause the results can be great as you have found. Really pleased for you, would like to see it when it's published if that is ok with you?

    ReplyDelete