Sunday 1 January 2012

Reflection of 2011 and thoughts on 2012

Now is the time for a brief reflection from 2011 before I start the new year properly. One simple sentence to describe 2011 is = it was like riding the tidal waves.

This time last year I remember thinking that I had a fair few things to look forward to =
My friends/and family birthdays.
Going to see Take That in Manchester.
My sister's Hen Do's - one in Barrow and one in Liverpool.
My sister's Wedding - and me being a bridesmaid (which included the dress fittings.)
Hopefully going back to Hydrotherapy.

Well I've done all of them and they were the good and highly positive highlights of 2011. I am so glad that I enjoyed being a part of every one of the above.

The down sides of 2011 were mostly personal issues which included the aches and pains of living with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome but that is something I can't control (in a matter of speaking.)
I've learnt that no matter what life throws at you, to not take it out on your nearest and dearest as it can cause a lot of pain and unnecessary hurt. My radar of friends has definately changed to unforeseen situations that took place. Although I still find myself replaying the bad times psychologically, I try to focus on how my life is now and who is in my radar nowadays. I wouldn't change my little radar for the world!

For 2012, I haven't really set myself any new year resolutions as you can't always predict what is around the corner, but I've taught myself to just be happy and don't let the pain bark too loudly. As I try to loosely follow aspects of Buddhism, I'm trying not to let the negative influences tackle me and to just keep at peace which can be an uphill struggle at times.

Towards the end of 2011, things started to look up and kept me smiling. Life is what you make it so go ahead and take it. (lyric from a song.) This gave me the positive vibe that 2012 could be magical and I'm so excited to see what this year will bring me.

Sorry if this blog post is a bit deep for some of you but I try to compartmentalise all the little things for you to follow easier.

What are your thoughts and reflections of 2011 and 2012?

All the best, peace, love and happiness for the new year... :-)

1 comment:

  1. All the best for 2012 to you too Katie :)

    I too am trying to focus on the positive more this year. I have also decided to be more adventurous and try more new things. You're right when you say it gives that magical vibe... I'm excited for the year ahead too :)x

    ReplyDelete